The IT Systems Administrator / Analyst is a well-rounded and experienced IT Generalist with responsibility for supporting the overall IT infrastructure. This includes managing enterprise and individual hardware and software needs, Microsoft server administration and support, networking, database management, system security, and administration of Windows Domains, and IP-based LANs.
- Ensure computer equipment, hardware and software are maintained, validated, and updated to meet organizational needs.
- Installs or oversees installation of hardware as needed.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware malfunctions
- Develop and implement a data disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Assist in developing and implementing the overall strategic vision, policies, and goals for the information technology infrastructure of a fast growing healthcare facility.
- Provide server administration and support, network load balancing, database replication, and system security.
- Utilize knowledge of Microsoft server products to develop custom scripts/functionality as needed.
- Administration of Firewalls, VPN's, and IP-based LANs.
- Review and maintain adequate security procedures to protect data files, computer equipment, and related electronic media in accordance with prescribed, current standards, regulations, and laws.
- Maintain accurate software license and IT asset records
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years of direct experience managing small to medium size IT operations including network, hardware, software, desktop services.
- 1-2 years of Information Security/Assurance experience.
- Thorough, multifaceted knowledge of Information Systems and Technology (Hardware, Networks, and Software).
- Direct experience with Microsoft server products (Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Working knowledge of Healthcare IT Systems and related devices.
- Working knowledge of various communications protocols and hardware, i.e. Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers.
- Experience supporting VOIP and other enterprise telephony applications.
About the Client:
Provided at a later date.